We now know that proper nutrition, regular exercise, and appropriate stress management are vital to promote health and prevent disease. However, as it should be, most patients seek your help for the services/procedures you are uniquely trained to provide.
We have designed deflame.com with two purposes in mind:
- For individuals who are searching the internet for rational, nutritional information
- As a nutrition education resource for the patients of doctors and other healthcare providers.
If you have an interest in utilizing the information at deflame.com in your practice to help your patients with diet and nutritional supplements, we suggest the following approach for using our site.
1. Go to the Anti-ihflammatory Diet page at DeFlame.com (Anti-inflammatory Diet)
This page contains three boxes with important information to help guide individuals to proper eating:
- Box 1 – Anti-Inflammatory Educational Information. Have your patients carefully read the Deflaming Guidelines and listen to the Diet and Supplementation MP3 audio presentations.
- Box 2 - Why Grains Inflame – Details from the Experts. Most people are surprised to discover that grains (whole or refined) should be avoided or a condiment; not be a primary source of calories. The Deflaming Guidelines and MP3 discuss this fact and we have included 6 articles that discuss the grain problem in great detail. Some of the terminology will be confusing for patients, so just have them skip those sections. The majority of the information will be understandable to patients and deliver the strong message that grains should not be a staple for anyone, and should be consumed only as a condiment for most when grains are consumed.
- Box 3 – Body Mass Index (BMI). Have your patients determine their BMI. While BMI is not a perfect method for determining appropriate body weight, it provides a useful target for most people. Have your patient determine the body weight they need to get the BMI between 18.5-25. Now your patient has a goal – which is highly important.
2. Go to the DeFlaming and Conditions pages
On the top of each DeFlame.com page, your patients can link to Deflaming and Conditions. Have your patients read these pages to help them better understand the goal of nutrition – to DeFlame. It is not about treating condition XYZ with diet/supplement XYZ. Explain that they should pay attention to the fact that the same DeFlame program applies to people who are well, those wanting to prevent disease, and for those with diseases.
3. Nutritional supplements
We also sell supplements at deflame.com, however, the supplement quality section lists a few retail brands that seem to have acceptable quality standards. This way, your patients need not feel compelled to purchase supplements at deflame.com.
If you choose to provide Anabolic supplements to your patients, then deflame.com can help to educate your patients in this regard.
4. Supplement quality
Many patients wish to know about where to purchase supplements, and which supplements have the highest quality. At Unique Anabolic Manufacturing Standards, the linked document discuss this topic in detail so that you do not have explain this to your patients and take up the valuable time you devote to patient care procedures.
5. Keeping patients informed
We provide a monthly newsletter at no charge to keep you and your patients up-to-date on latest information on anti-inflammatory nutrition. Click here to sign up for DeFlame News – The Anti-inflammatory Newsletter.